Friday, July 27, 2012

Friday, July 27, 2012 TianAnMen Square and The Forbidden City

I went to sleep at about 8:00 PM last night, and woke up at midnight.  I've been awake ever since.  I feel really great, but I may be experiencing a bit of jet-lag!  This morning I went to The Pearl Market... very interesting, and very busy.  Beijing is a fast city!  Miss Cai found one vendor that she very much liked.  She is quite the talented negotiator and I learned almost instantly to trust her judgement.  I bought several small items this morning, and Miss Cai gave her nod of approval!  We stopped for pizza and a soda after the market.  

It is unbelievably hot and humid in Beijing right now.  I met the FAC family from Michigan this afternoon for our trip to TianAnMen Square and The Forbidden City.  They are lovely, and looking forward to the arrival of their 4 year old son!  Our tour guide was incredibly knowledgeable, and made sure our day was a pleasure.  

I must tell you, I stopped to take a picture, and when I finished, I looked up and my tour group had moved on without me! Now, imagine how crowded these sites are!  I was standing at a 4 way split in the monument, and had no way of knowing which way to turn to find them! What a humbling moment... lost in China!  My tour guide ran so fast around the corner to find me!  Good tour guide!  Honestly, words can't begin to describe either of these sites!  I will need to make a few trips to the bookstore when I begin talking to Luke about China!  Absolutely beautiful and magnificent here! So looking forward to meeting Luke!











No comments:

Post a Comment