Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tuesday, July 31, 2012. 24 Hours from First Meeting!

Well, it goes without saying, the most important 24 hours of my life... The same could be said for the baby.  I was meeting Luke for the first time, exactly 24 hours ago!  Today may have been a series of necessary evils, but it was an incredibly important day for us, none the less.  We had a series of appointments today, all quite significant, but nice to have behind us, none the less.  Our first appointment required a return trip to the Civil Affairs Office, where I met Luke yesterday.  He was extremely aware (children are amazing!) and very much on alert to be back in the same office building!  He was wide-eyed and uneasy the entire time.  We next drove to the Notary, then to Luke's Passport Physical appointment.  The latter was a tough one, and Luke cried from the core for the first time since he and i have been together.  I choked back my tears, and knew it certainly was not the time nor place for me to cry.  Luke fell asleep in the van between each appointment, so I woke him probably 3 or 4 times this morning... Very hot in Guangzhou right now, and just stressful for a baby.  I was so happy that Luke was able to relax enough to fall asleep in the van... A little spit, but no official carsickness today!  He wants nothing to do with formula, rice cereal, or anything that comes in a bottle!  It seems bananas have ruined him for all other foods!  I was beginning to worry a bit last night... I put water in a bottle, and he blocked me with his forearm again!  It's pretty cute, really, and he knows how to get his point across!  Good boy, Luke!  Thankfully, this morning he discovered my grocery store water bottle, and I was able to use the cap as a little cup.  He drank water all morning and early afternoon, and ate a whole banana when we got back to our room.  I'm very relieved he drank so much water.  He learned how to use his water bottle and a sippy cup today after our errands!  I could tell he really felt proud, like a big boy!  The doctor wants me to start Luke on the antibiotic I brought from the States.  I Agee, just going to find something he likes for dinner first.  Luke is sleeping like a rock now... Bless his heart!  He did wake up from his nap with the most volatile nightmare I have ever seen... He comes by it honestly, and I was here for him.  He was able to eventually get on the other side of it, but it was pretty tough, and took quite a while.  So much all at one time for a 20 month old baby.  He and I have the night off tonight, and I was planning on walking around outsidefor a while a bit later, but I've changed my mind.  We're going to stay in and cuddle tonight... It's been a full day!  I feel like Luke has a very early, but very strong sense of trust in me, and I feel like I am able to consistently reassure him.  So far, so good!  Yesterday's pictures really take your breath away, don't they?  Those are my favorite photos ever!  Talk soon, and all is well! 




                     



 


2 comments:

  1. Adorable, adorable little boy! He is so cute - you are both so blessed. I love that he is drinking out of your water bottle - :-) takes after his momma for sure. Hope your cuddle time was wonderful. Love hearing about all of your adventures in getting to know Luke.
    Take care dear friend.
    Love, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely precious!!!!! It's obvious he's already comfortable and in love with his mama! Wendy, he couldn't be any cuter...adorable beyond words! So glad to see the photos today....priceless. He wears a bib! Wish our Bella woud do that. You're already starting out right. ; ) love the picture of him sleeping with teddy in his arms. He is perfect! Sooooooo happy for you! God bless you.

    ReplyDelete