Thursday, July 12, 2012

July 12, 2012 Appointment Approval

I received word this morning from my adoption agency that the Visa appointment for the baby has been approved by the U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou for Wednesday, August 8, 2012 at 8:30 AM !  This was our first choice of dates, so this is great news!  I will be leaving for Beijing on July 25, 2012!  Time to finish a few last minute projects, and pack my bag for China!  I should be receiving Luke Joseph as soon as Monday, July 30, 2012!  This is just so exciting, and we are full of joy!  I will be a tourist in Beijing for 2-3 days not only in order to visit all of the beautiful landmarks, but also to adjust to the 12 hour time change before receiving the baby.  I will travel to Guangzhou, where I will stay with the baby for 2 weeks.  The first week is dedicated to the adoption process itself.  The second week is dedicated to obtaining a Visa for Luke.  I will be meeting up with a family from Michigan at some point during the second week of travel. Luke will become an American Citizen at our port of entry to the United States!  We are very blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah Wendy! This is the good news we have been praying you would hear! SO excited to see your journey unfold and the exciting times you have ahead of you. We will try to keep your mom calm while you are gone! So happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete