Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sunday, July 29, 2012. Tomorrow is the BIG DAY!

Well, I was so excited when I woke up this morning... The baby will be with me tomorrow afternoon! I think I've adjusted to the time change, at last! Here to find out, if you climb The Great Wall of China in the afternoon, and take two Benadryl that night, well, you sleep just fine! I'm an early bird in China. I was in the hotel lobby quite early this morning. Miss Cai arrived 20 minutes before our scheduled meeting time, and asked me why so early? (to drive to the Beijing airport in order to fly to Guangzhou). I told her I was just ready! What I meant was 'Let's go, time to get the baby!). She and I walked around the corner so I could purchase a soda. Miss Cai took very good care of me!
We arrived at the airport in Beijing with plenty of time for me to catch my 1:30PM flight to Guangzhou, Luke's province. While standing at baggage check-in, Miss Cai and the airline employees working baggage began a conversation that seemed quite serious, maybe even a little heated, and I became a little concerned. What seemed like forever-minutes later, Miss Cai started to smile, as did the airline employees. Apparently, things are heading in the right direction again! I waited a minute, and asked her what happened. Miss Cai told me that my luggage was just a bit too heavy (that is the truth, by the way!). Miss Cai said, "I told them you were here for adoption, and told them to just leave it.". They did! I am well cared for in China!

While standing at security with the family from Michigan and Miss Cai, I asked her how to pronounce the name of the city where Luke's orphanage is. She told me how to pronounce it, and I already can't remember! What I do remember is that she told me it means "sun-west.". That makes sense, looking at the map. I asked her what Luke's Chinese name means. She said his name several times. She said "Bao means precious...baby...baby boy...precious baby boy.". Then she said, "Hui means bright, like sunshine.". She showed me bright like the sun with her hands. Then she said, "Good name... It's good name!". Miss Cai is a woman of few words, and I very much trust her! He is precious. He'll be with me tomorrow, and visa-versa! Luke's on his way home!

                               

No comments:

Post a Comment