Monday, August 6, 2012

Monday, August 6, 2012. A Quiet, Rainy Day!


What a nice, quiet day for us in Guangzhou.  We both woke up a little sleepy this morning ...We were outside sightseeing and shopping in the heat yesterday.  We went downstairs for breakfast, and Luke ate a lot of fruit.  His appetite is amazing!  Luke has been his silliest today, and is really playing a lot of sweet little baby games with me.  I feel like he just wants to learn, learn, learn!  How does this work, what is this for, etc?  He likes me to play a game with his little feet.  He stretches one foot toward me, I have to eat his little toes.  He laughs (silently, but I know it's a laugh), smiles so big, and then the other foot appears!  He can play this game for a long time, and I don't actually remember how it started, but apparently Luke remembers!  If I kiss one of his hands, he gives me the other hand, so I don't forget to kiss both hands equally!  What a sweet, loving boy!

We went to the swimming pool for a bit after breakfast, and saw the family from Michigan.  Luke did just fine.  He was pretty reserved with his facial expressions, but Luke was calm and not the least bit afraid.  His expressions typically come a bit later, I've noticed, as he becomes a bit more familiar with whatever is new at the time.  I slipped and fell at the pool, holding Luke.  The slate stones on the side of the pool are on a slight slant, so that the water always runs back into the pool, never collecting on the sidewalk.  It was so slippery, my feet went out from under me as soon as i stepped off of the step and onto the sidewalk.  That was a bit scary, but Luke's head was right in front of mine and I saw that he never touched the ground.  That was quite a blessing!  He happily went to sleep shortly after our trip to the pool.  He was tired and ready for nap!

It started raining after we left the pool, and it looks like we may be in for a quiet day today.  Just as well, tomorrow we leave for the zoo with Lucia and the family from Michigan.  I'm really looking forward to taking Luke to the zoo!  This week will probably start going very fast now!  I'll be home with Luke before we know it!  All our love!


No comments:

Post a Comment