Sunday, August 5, 2012

Saturday, August 4, 2012. Quiet Day Today!

Today was nice and slow for us here in Guangzhou... I think we were both due. Yesterday was a very big day. We went downstairs for breakfast after Luke drank his bottle, and enjoyed a lovely meal. A lot of adoptive families arrived last night from their children's provinces. Luke and I are already in his province, Guangdong Province. Luke had cantaloupe this morning, but was a little less agreeable when trying new foods this morning. I feel like yesterday's trip to the orphanage was just a bit stressful. We both came upstairs and fell asleep for an 11:00am nap. I'm not sure if I've ever taken a nap at 11:00am in my life! I have now! We must have both been ready for a slow day.

Luke has not been quite as adventurous today, wanting me to feed him more from my fingers, hold his sippy cup for him, hold his bottle for him. He participated a little less today in our new little routine... wanted to be independent less, and assisted more. That's okay, baby! You're doing so well! So much in such a short period of time for a young boy! He had a pretty difficult time falling asleep tonight. I don't really know how to explain it, but as he becomes sleepy, he becomes really emotional. Also, as he wakes up from nap, he becomes really emotional. He has a lot going on inside his little body right now, as well as his early developing mind and memory. I won't even begin to specifically label what he's experiencing before and after his sleeps... It's not really my place. I just hold him, and walk with him, and do my best to be with him each time. I believe this too, shall pass. Luke is doing incredibly well, and he and I have such a wonderful, new relationship. All is well in Guangzhou!






No comments:

Post a Comment